Monday, November 17, 2008

One month later...

Well one month ago today our boys moved into our home. WOW! A month has gone by really quickly at times but feels like forever at others. This weekend Billy said it feels like we have had the boys from birth. I would have to agree with him. It doesn't really seem like just a month and a day ago we were just two! November is the official start of our 6 month waiting period to apply for adoption. Until then, the boys are just placed in a pre-adoptive foster home. 6 months sounds like a long time but considering the speed of the past month, April will be here before we know it. 
This past weekend, Billy and I took the boys to The Great Wolf Lodge with Cara, Doug and Hannah. We had a good time celebrating the adoption of such a special little girl. The kids loved the water. I definitely think the favorite part were the 4 kid water slides. By the end of the night, the slides had three little butt marks from the many trips they took. Hannah took the cake on the water intake though. She was too funny when she would purposely fall into the water. It still amazes me that just a year ago, she was newly "sprung" from an orphanage. Watching her walking around the hotel halls and room just makes me smile. 
The boys are excited about meeting Aunt Susan this weekend. I know that it will be a week of craziness around here. Both boys are going to have a blast playing with and getting to know Susan. I know there will be a great deal of love all around. 
Well I suppose that is all from our happy home. We got some snow today. Nothing major but enough to make me remember I dislike winter greatly!! Oh well....Summer will be here soon. 

1 comment:

Susi said...

"Aunt Susan" still feels funny! I can't wait to meet those two little guys in person :) I hope they are ready for me!!