Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Exhaustion!

That is the feeling that we have lately...completely exhausted! It's amazing how just overnight you can feel like you haven't gotten enough rest in quite a long time! I know it is all for a great reason, two little guys who are so much fun, but just a little more sleep would be wonderful. We, Billy and I both, got over being ill last week and luckily the boys didn't get it. Friday night, Halloween, we went trick or treating which was a blast! The boys had a good time getting candy and we had fun watching them. Afterwards we went to McDonald's with our friends, Cara and Doug and their daughter Hannah. Then it was back to our house to play for a while. The boys just love Hannah and Hannah seems to think they are pretty okay too. 
Sunday evening we went to Mom's for dinner. It is fun to see my parents interact with them boys. "J" knows that he has Karen wrapped already and plays into it so well. "K" likes to get Ray's expertise on road and building construction since "K" really enjoys playing with the same blocks that Susan and I played with for hours as little kids. Meal time is always an adventure since neither boy really enjoys waiting for anything. There are so many little things that Billy and I feel like we need to work on but we know baby steps are the best way to go. 
Yesterday the boys went to get their flu shots. Not a fun task for anyone involved including the two nurses who had the crap beaten out of them by "K"! Someone should have warned me how violent he gets because I would have been better prepared. 
Every time I start to second think this whole process, one of the boys does something that makes me realize that this is just how life is supposed to be! Each day we feel more and more like Mom and Dad rather than just two people the boys stay with! All in all, life is going smoothly around here! 

1 comment:

Susi said...

I am with "K"! No one gives me a shot! hahaha. Those blocks are awesome :) I'm glad the boys didn't get the flu though. Keep them healthy so that when I get there we can all chill :) I think you should post some pics of Halloween!! That would be stellar. Love You, Sissy!!