Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My oh my!

Well what a crazy few days it has been around here! Friday morning I woke up not feeling so swell but thought that it was really nothing. Boy did I think wrong! My 7:30 I was quite sick with the flu! It was a rough weekend to say the least. Thank goodness for my fantastic husband, wonderful in-laws and Jeremiah. They all were a huge help and took care of everything which allowed me to sleep. As Billy said "it's just what we need to do!" We all went back to our normal lives today and things are much better. "K" has had hives for about 5 days so we went to the doctor yesterday to make sure it wasn't anything major. She wasn't concerned but going to the get medical treatment of any sort with foster kids is tricky. The doctor's office questions who we are and we have to provide proof that we have custody of them. Just little hoops that you don't think about ahead of time. 
Last night was the Children's services skating party. We went with the boys. The boys "other mom and dad" were there. "K" was very happy to see them but just as happy to play with the other kids there. "J" on the other hand was a completely different story. He wanted NOTHING to do with us and followed "Mom" around like her shadow the entire two hours. When it was time to leave, I just had to pick him up, crying 3 year old and all, carry him to the car and try to comfort him as he cries "Mommy....wait....." He calmed down as soon as we got out of the parking lot but it was still heartbreaking. It is so hard to have this little person you love so much be so upset and not be able to help comfort him. 
Today the boys both had great days at school. "J" was happy to be at preschool and happily said "Bye Jennifer" as I walked out the door. "K" has had nothing but great days in Kindergarten. He seems to really enjoy going. That makes things easier in the morning. I noticed tonight that we are seeing a lot more of "J"s personality (at least the one we had seen over the past 5 months) tonight. He was so goofy and giggly tonight. He has the most infectious giggle. "K" had a rougher evening, I think due to over tiredness. He tends to yell at us when he he thinks we aren't doing what he thinks needs to be done. Tonight he went to bed without his desert of cookies because he yelled at me. We are working on things and have seen a lot less of the anger issues with him. 
So that is life here at the house. We are exhausted most of the time but both love the boys so much that we wouldn't trade it! All our love! 
So, that is our life around here. We love it. 

1 comment:

Susi said...

So great to see another update!!! It must be heat wrenching to hear "J" cry for "Mom." I don't even have kids and I don't know if I could handle that. In time he will start to understand that his 2 sets of parents both love him and his brother to pieces. Keep doing what you are doing... and be prepared cuz Sissy comes to town in 24 days!!! WOOHOO!!