Friday, October 17, 2008

Move In Day

Well today is Friday. Just like the past 8 Fridays, our boys will be coming to spend some time with us. Unlike the last 8 Fridays, they will not go to their other home on Sunday though! WOW! It's really hard to believe that we are finally at this point. On August 8th, we sat in children's services and worked out a transition plan for the boys. That seems like so long ago. Billy and I were on our way to the Pumpkin Show last night and we were talking about this weekend. He asked me if I was nervous, scared, excited. I said ask me again on Sunday evening when they stay longer. He said he was feeling all sorts of emotions. Can we do this? Are we ready for this? Are we doing the right thing for us and for the boys? These are all questions we have talked about and went over many times over the last few months. We know we can do this and we are ready to be parents. I guess it's just the "oh my gosh" factor that life is going to change starting today.  Not a bad change though, just a different change.
We have a busy day ahead of us. Today is COTA today (teachers convention in Ohio) so Billy and I have the day off. We both have a lot on our plate to get accomplished before this afternoon. I know that the day will go fast. I also know that when the boys arrive today, they will both come barreling out of the car screaming "Jennifer" "Billy" and we will get huge hugs and kisses. Kyle will run around to make sure that all their pets are here and that their room looks the same and that their trains are still in the toy box. Jake will look at the TV and said "TV broken" because it is turned off. This is typical Friday behavior and we love it! 

No comments: