Monday, December 1, 2008

Another first...

Well today we had another first, well actually two firsts but one major one! Teays Valley (my school district) had a teacher work day so that meant that "K" had no school. The boys could have gone to the preschool for the day but when I was telling Diane (previous foster mom) about the day off, she offered to watch the boys for us. Great idea, we knew the boys would like a day with their special mom, dad and sister! So last night, the boys went back to their old house for a sleepover and day of fun. I must say, I was extremely nervous about it since "J" really wants to go "home" when he sees Diane. I went out to the house to pick them up tonight and both boys were fine with coming home. No tears at all! They were excited to come back and see Billy and their kitten, Patty. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I know it broke Diane's heart to have them leave but she said she knows the boys love it here. Last night as she tucked them in "J" was asking for me. It was so quiet here last night though. Billy and I both had a sad feeling when they left. Needless to say we are glad they are home! 
The other first we had tonight was "J" told us he had to go potty and actually went! We are working SO hard on getting him potty trained which runs hot and cold. My goal is to have him almost totally potty trained over Christmas vacation. Wish me luck! 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My parents, Billy's parents, my sister in law and her family, and my sister were all here. It was a nice relaxing day spent with our family. The boys had a great time playing with their cousins and grandparents! Every holiday reminds me just how thankful I am that my parents have moved to Ohio to be closer to us. I get this overwhelming feeling of content seeing my WHOLE family together. We are truly lucky! 

1 comment:

Susi said...

No more sitting and aiming at the ceiling?? YAY J!!!! Tell the boys Aunt Susan says hi :) MISS YOU GUYS!!!