Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve excitement!

Today has gone by very quickly and very slowly all at the same time! This morning, "K" and I went and ran the last few errands I needed to get done. We came home, attempted to get two little men to take a nap but that failed miserably! "J" slept for about an hour and "K" didn't sleep at all. I told them they could not get out of their beds/room until their clock said "4:00" and at exactly that time "J" came running out yelling "Jennifer, zero, zero, zero!" Ok, quick baths and then off to Aunt Janet's for a evening of family visiting. We all had a good time visiting and catching up with our family. It is nice that everyone can get together and enjoy each other's company. I have always loved, and continue to, the fact that family is so important to mine and Billy's family. On that same note, I feel so lucky that my family is in Ohio now too to be with during holidays. I still get a bit emotional about that. Being away from my parents and sister on holidays was the hardest part about moving to Ohio. Not a problem anymore. 
The boys were very concerned that Santa would miss our house because it was late and he had to be getting close. Billy and "K" had a discussion last night about Santa not knowing that the boys were in their forever house now. Billy suggested that Santa may not have gotten "K's" change of address form on time! "K" didn't fall for it though. We got home, put out the milk and cookies and threw the bag of reindeer food out and then it was off to bed. After we knew the boys were asleep (which didn't take long at all!), Santa arrived and BOY did he leave A LOT of stuff here for those two! I must tell you, I think I am just as excited about the morning as the boys are. I can't wait to see the excitement on their faces when they wake up! 
Tomorrow is going to be a fun-filled day. It will be another day full of family time. I suppose I should get to bed! From all of us, Merry Christmas! 


No comments: