Tuesday, March 3, 2009

showing more love...

Things are getting better and better around here. That's not to say we don't have our rough patches, like yesterday! But on a whole, we are getting to be more and more like a family around here. "J" has really taken to calling us mom and dad which is so cute to hear. "K" hasn't quite gotten there yet but does respond when someone else calls us his mom or dad. We know that with time we will be "mom and dad" to him but Billy and I both know that he knows we love him and are so happy he has become part of our lives. "K" just has some attachment issues that a kid who has been through his experiences is expected to have. I know he still wonders "What next? Where am I going to go next?" He has gotten more loving lately though. He will walk up to us and say "I love you" or just walk up to us and hug us. Tonight he walked into the living room and came and sat on my lap and just hugged me for quite some time. Then he just walked away. It made me smile. He'll come around on his own time! 
"J" has been battling a cold for almost a week now. Last Wednesday he spiked a fever and was just so unbearable. "J" has had battles with asthma attacks before and I am so worried that I will not know what to do if one happens. (I don't do well with stress!) I ended up taking him to the Children's Urgent Care at our hospital Thursday night to find out it was, in fact, just a cold. Friday was a horrible day for him and myself. He cried all day and by that afternoon my nerves were fried. Thank goodness my mom had spent the day with us to help out with some appointments we had! Saturday morning found him more like himself but even now, he is still not 100%. 
"K" continues to improve with his basketball skills and games. He is totally in love with playing the sport. He looks forward to his practice and can't wait to go to his game on Saturday mornings. He tries really hard and doesn't do bad for a kid who hasn't ever played before. Watching him play ball, I am amazed that he had such a delayed start in life! We are looking for a baseball program for him to get into this Spring. We would like him to play t-ball since he hasn't ever played and his hand/eye coordination isn't what it should be. We just feel that it would be better for his self-esteem and confidence. 
We are working on planning a trip this summer with our friends, The Laynes and their soon to be 2 daughters. Right now we are leaning towards Atlanta Georgia. It seems that there is a good bit of kid friendly things to do around that area. We all always up for a good road trip, no matter where we end up! 

No comments: