Thursday, April 23, 2009

Now we wait...

This past Monday, Billy and I went to the lawyer's office and signed our adoption paperwork. We still have a few papers to fill out for children's services but the paper for the court is ready to go! Now we are just waiting to hear from our lawyer about our finalization date. I keep calling home multiply times a day to check our machine but still haven't heard anything. I am trying to have patience but I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. I hate waiting...I am not a waiter, I have never been a waiter...I do not want to start now! If we don't hear anything by tomorrow, I think I will try to give him a call. Mr. M did say that the court is scheduling adoption hearings about 45 to 60 days out. Boy that sounds like a long time but we have already been waiting 180 days (or so) so what is a few more days. During that 60 day period, we have to have another home study completed. A person from the court will come out and talk to us and check out our home and our references. Our case worker told me that she knows the court lady will love us! She also did say that this lady is a spitfire and speaks her mind. YIKES! 
So now we keep wait...
Last night Billy and I took the boys to see "Thomas and Friends Live: A Circus Comes to Town". The boys LOVED it. We didn't tell them what we were doing until they saw a picture of Thomas at the theater. It was a great feeling to have them be so excited and surprised. When the show was over, Kyle said "That was AWESOME!". Definitely worth the ticket price to see their faces and joy. 

No comments: