Sunday, April 5, 2009

So much to say...

When we first met the boys, "J" was just starting to talk, at 2 and a half years old. When I say just starting, I mean just beginning to say words that you could barely understand, forget thoughts and phrases. I clearly remember him pointing to an airplane in the sky and thinking that if I hadn't known what he was pointing to I would have been clueless! Over the course of the last 10 months, he has started to say so much more, as kids who are learning to talk do. 6 months ago, he wouldn't even put 2 words together to make a request. Every day he starts to say more and put more words into sentences. This morning he came running into my bathroom and said "Mommy, Dad did my shoes! I can't tie them, it would take FOREVER!" I just laughed. He had his hands going a mile a minute and his head bobbing. TOO FUNNY!! He doesn't stop talking now. "J" has something to say about everything that happens. 
I remember hearing that what we say will come out of our kids mouths at some point. It amazes me how they can use words in correct context sometimes. "K" has started to tell us that things are "not necessary" when he feels they aren't. You can't help but laugh when it comes out of his mouth. He has also started to say "Oh crap!" which really isn't horrible in the whole picture but still something we are trying to stop. The other night I got on him for saying it and asked him where he learned that from! With this very innocent look he said "My special Mommy says it when the cat gets in the flower pots!" His special mommy is his first foster mom who he loves so much. I couldn't get upset with him about saying it but did explain that I didn't want to hear it again. 
"K" has finished up his basketball season, which he loved. He has started to play T-ball which he seems to be a bit better at. He also really likes this sport. I think he just likes to be outside playing and having fun. 
In less than two weeks, we can fill out papers with the court to petition to adopt the boys. It is so amazing that the last 6 months have gone by so fast. We have a few papers to fill out this week and get to the lawyer then we wait for the 17th and to get a date for our adoption to be final. "K" seems to be excited about being stuck with us forever. So are we!   

No comments: