Saturday, January 17, 2009

a mini vacation and an attempt at "camping"




We have had a surprise mini-vacation and I have to admit, I really am enjoying it! Thursday was a snow day, yesterday was a "too cold to go to school" day, and Monday is a holiday so...yea for us! I have gotten so much done already, I wish I had had this energy during the two weeks of Christmas vacation! I guess better late then never, huh?
Today started out pretty quiet around here. Then things got a bit more noisy! Today was the day that "J" woke up and decided that he was going to potty all day long! We have been working SO hard on potty training him but it is so hit and miss. I am hoping his new found love of the potty and staying dry will continue. Potty training a boy is risky though. "J" is usually more interested in what is going on outside of the bathroom and not paying attention to what is going on IN the bathroom. Yesterday his "success" hit my leg and today it allowed for the floor to be washed!  "J" went for a ride with Billy to get horse fed. My mom came over to visit with munchkins which made her AWESOME in "K's" eyes! Well in the excitement of Grandma AND Mamaw and Papaw being here, "K" hit his nose on their bed pretty hard. Don't ask how because we aren't sure! Boy did it hurt! I think it may be bruised tomorrow! As we are eating lunch he looks at me and said "I am so cranky because I am tired! I need a nap!" Done deal dude! 
We headed to a local high school to watch a basketball game with Billy. Billy has to be at his high school's games, all three of them!! The boys and I last one game then we headed to Donatos for pizza. The boys love pizza and when they are finished eating it, you can tell they love it! Afterwards we came home and crashed while watching two of our favorite TV shows. The boys got sleeping bags for Christmas so I suggested they sleep in them on the floor tonight. They both seemed very excited about it so I tucked them in and out I went. I went in about 10 minutes later and to my surprise, "J's" bag was empty. Then I hear this little voice say "I sleep in bed" and there he was all curled up on his bed! It was too cute! 
Tomorrow morning the boys and I are going to church with Aunt Cara, Uncle Doug and Hannah. "K" said "I don't see why not! Do they have stairs?" It is funny the things they think to ask! Their old church had stairs with a large room at the bottom which housed Sunday school. So knowing that, all churches should have that! 

No comments: